2005-10-02

!!!

Ye gods. What's this? A post from the world's worst knit-along hostess?

Yup. You bet.

Finally.

First off, note the updated participants list over on the right-hand side. I'll keep working on it tonight and dig through my old emails from people to look for blogs and things to link to. If you'd like to be linked to something, and I haven't done it, or if you don't like how I've listed your name, just send me an email and let me know. Harassing emails usually work (thank you for not sending me any this past month).

So, my crazy September. All in one month, I started my master's degree at the U of A in Edmonton, I decided not to do my PhD next year but instead to take some time off, I broke up with the guy I'd been dating for almost a year, I changed the way I eat and every once in a while thought about the fact that I might be in love with my friend James (I agreed to knit a sweater for him, which is a sign of... something [it's also a sign of something that he asked me to make it]). It's been exciting.

Things are calming down, though, hence the participants list and a post.

I bought myself a skein of lace weight qiviut when I was in Whitehorse at the end of the summer. It is deliciously soft and very thin. I thought I'd make a neck warmer out of it (to be called The Whitehorse Hickey Hider [don't ask]) but I think it might be too light to hold its shape properly. At the moment I'm just in the process of winding it into a ball. I don't have a swift or ball winder, and I don't have anyone around to hold the skein for me, so I'm winding it off of the back of a chair, which is proving to be... a little frustrating. It's a little bit of a tangle and I'm working on it in short doses so that I don't get frustrated. I also have about three projects on the needles and another three besides the qiviut waiting in the wings, so it might be slow winding...

Please keep posting; it's so much fun to read about what people are making.

4 Comments:

Blogger noricum said...

Could you link me to my blog? Thanks!

http://noricum.blogspot.com/

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Jenny Anderson said...

The Crescent Moon Fibers link is wonky. Yes, I would buy a pound of qiviat, but all their fiber seems to be dietary!
Thanks,
Jenny

7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Neither computer savvy, and newish knitter - but have finished a qiviut (or qiviuk?) mobius out of lace. I started to bind off using the two thru the back loop from the Arctic Lace Book, and the stockinette I put round the edge to show off the mobius rolled like crazy - tried to go back, pulled out stitches, they all catch!! then run when I yank gently of course....it's knit on size 2 needles, I can barely see the tiny stitches to put in a retroactive lifeline. Next step - magnifying glass! It has 400 stitches, I messed up less than half...it's the fish trap pattern overall, but the edge is about 5 rows of plain, all help appreciated...on vacation no where near a knitting store.thanks, elizabeth

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home