2005-09-12

Qiviut Scarf in Progress


Qiviut Scarf in Progress
Originally uploaded by noricum.

Just a little progress report... I've knit two repeats of the lace now. (Don't worry... I won't post again until I've made significant progress... I don't want to bore you.) I'm using addi turbos, and they're blunter than I'd like. I think I'll switch over to my boye needles when I've freed them up. Lace knitting is hard, but I'm starting to understand it.

I'm curious... how long is the staple length of qiviut usually? (I know some of you are spinning your qiviut.) I'm kind of wondering how easily this yarn will pull apart if I'm not gentle enough. Thanks!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amie said...

It's very short staple, but if it's spun well, it will still be very strong. I wouldn't worry too much.

11:55 AM  
Blogger noricum said...

Thanks!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

This is beautiful. Where did you find the stitch pattern?

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home