2005-09-04

Hi!

I am so glad to be part of this KAL. I've started a bowtie scarf out of some handspun qiviut that I purchased from the University farm here in Fairbanks, AK. We live quite close to the farm. I enjoy driving by just to see what the beautiful creatures are up to. I haven't yet taken the tour but will one day.

I spin the qiviut raw and only toss out the harshest of guard hairs. This is a gift for a friend who wishes to give it to his mom (who lives in S. Africa)

The only problem I have so far is in keeping the colour constant. It has all been spun on a spindle so my skeins are not really big. Each time I attached a new skein the colour changes ever so slightly. Guess it will just give the scarf some character eh?

I really do love the way it feels in my hands! Quite luxurious.

1 Comments:

Blogger SueS said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home